I see this as a company who can provide me with differing things across the longitude of my career. All my female colleagues NEED this!
Tailored to the specific needs of women in medicine
Many women we speak with who practice medicine acknowledge that the pressures they face in the workplace often differ considerably from their male counterparts. Realising that the countless priorities your career and home life present creates little time for learning non-clinical content, this course presents an opportunity to do just that.
Tailored to the specific business, financial and lifestyle needs of women in medicine, this course will facilitate your learning, allowing you to take charge and effectively manage your health, wealth and career.
Starting with a networking lunch on Friday and running through till Sunday, you will be surrounded by like-minded women looking to learn, share and develop knowledge together.
- Your values, goals and vision
Your personal values are your core principles. This session will guide you through the importance of continually setting goals throughout life that align to your values and overarching vision.
- Debt management and finance strategy
Having a sound understanding of income, cash flow, your daily banking and debt levels, is crucial when managing your finances. Learn these processes using practical case study examples to help you make informed decisions.
- Women in leadership and your pathway to success
From mentoring to learning how to negotiate effectively, these sessions will help you develop your skills as a successful leader and role model.
- Health check: managing stress and bullying in the workplace
Managing stress, difficult conversations or bullying in the workplace is a reality for many female doctors. Discover the methods and support services available to help you overcome workplace gender bias or to assist others with this challenge.
- Tax, accounting and business structures
Choosing an appropriate financial and business structure, understanding accounting and taxation basics, and complying with legislation are critical to managing your finances. These sessions will clarify what may appear to be complicated content, with practical case studies relevant to current topics of interest.
- Maternity leave or divorce: the implications and how to plan
Understand the implications of life events, such as starting a family or separating from your partner. Plan to ensure that these won’t create financial strain nor derail your career trajectory.
- Effective marketing: implementing principles to define who you are and what you stand for
Marketing communicates your promise - what differentiates you from other practices. In this session we cover several key marketing principles including branding, generating referrals, the role of education, websites, social media, patient experience management and much more.
- Financial matrimonial agreements and managing risks
Managing risks effectively is more than taking out an insurance policy. Grasp an understanding of the responsibilities, implications and risk management framework required to ensure both you and your practice are adequately protected not only for issues in your marriage but also those of your business partners.
- Building and protecting wealth independently
Making it and keeping it – on your own terms. Develop a solid grasp of money do’s and don’ts, correct debt management, and investment strategies, whilst understanding legislation and choosing the right team to work with.
- Understanding super: from the basics to pension phase
It’s important to understand the recent changes to super legislation and their effect on your retirement planning. Discover the contribution strategies that will help you maximise your retirement savings nest egg.
- Asset protection and estate planning
The use of family trusts and other mechanisms, if implemented correctly, can help protect your personal assets from claim. The importance of planning for the inevitable is essential. Learn how to keep your assets in your bloodline and other critical outcomes.
- Work-life balance for doctors: from dream to reality
Every day we juggle the demands of work, family and personal interests. The time afforded to each has a direct impact on happiness and health. Learn ways to make the time to do more of what you love, every day.
- CPD point entitlement
- Two and a half days of intensive lecture and workshop style presentations
- All presenters are leading professionals in business and financial disciplines specialising in healthcare consultancy
- Personalised needs analyses and action plans
- Course workbook and resource library
- Networking social functions
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided